How to Apply
About our US Contributions program
Through our US Contributions program, AstraZeneca supports nonprofit patient organizations, hospitals and clinics, civic and public organizations, and foundations and academic institutions in our three areas of focus:
Core Therapeutic Areas
Programs and initiatives that help educate and support patients managing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, inflammation and infection, respiratory diseases, cancer, and conditions we’re addressing through neuroscience (including mental health).
Health and Science Innovation
Programs and initiatives that innovatively address the challenges to healthcare across the US. For example, how does understanding the science behind treatments help patients make better health decisions? What does it take to challenge a person to not only think differently about their health but also to change their behavior? What’s new in how we engage the next generation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education?
Learn about our July Health and Science Innovation Challenge here
(Please note, for post-graduate and HCP health and science programs, please visit our Medical Education Grants Office site here.)
Smaller, community-focused programs that help fill a gap to improve health and healthcare and help empower patients to manage their own health better.
Note that a nonprofit organization requesting a contribution from AstraZeneca must be registered as a 501(c) entity, under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or must be a school, such as a public elementary or secondary school. School and faith-based programs must be open to the public.
How to Apply
AstraZeneca’s US Corporate Contributions Program holds one open application period annually in July called the Health and Science Innovation Challenge. For information about that program, including the link to apply, click here.
The remainder of the year, the US Corporate Contributions Program is run on an invite-only basis. Once invited, you will be asked to complete and submit your online application form, we will ask you to provide the following:
- Information about your organization including its mission and scope
- Contact information so we can reach you for updates and follow-up
- Details regarding your request including the specifics of what you are asking for, the purpose, timing, outcomes, etc.
You will also be asked to select a single request type when you begin your application. If your request includes more than one of these request types, you will need to submit separate requests for each:
- Program/Initiative/Conference – this can include a wide range of programs from community outreach to the acquisition of equipment, software and or training programs.
- Fundraiser (dinner, gala, walk, ball, special event, etc.) – this typically represents events that are conducted strictly for the purposes of fundraising and are usually one-time events that occur at a specific time, date and place (although we do consider fundraising initiatives that span a longer timeframe and encompass multiple dates/times).
- Mission support – note that we do not generally support requests that fund capital projects, debt reduction, or endowment-building. Like our other contributions, these are unrestricted.
Important information for all applicants
- All contributions by AstraZeneca are a one-time commitment without guarantee of renewal unless otherwise agreed by both parties in a Letter of Agreement.
- All contributions made by AstraZeneca are paid only directly to US-based nonprofit organizations.
- No contributions are made to individuals or for-profit organizations.
- If your program includes educational activities certified for CME/CE for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, as well as activities without continuing education credit or scientific sponsorships, you will need to apply to AstraZeneca’s Medical Education Grants Office.
As a responsible company, AstraZeneca invests in programs and initiatives that are measurable and demonstrate real impact. Applicants who are approved for a contribution of $50,000 or more will be required to submit outcomes reporting every six months for the duration of the funded program or initiative.
Feedback to Your Organization
Once you submit your application, you will receive automatic notifications from the US Contributions group as follows:
- Email notifications indicating that your application has been accepted for review and has been moved into the review process.
- Email notification upon completion of the review process, indicating whether your application was declined or accepted for funding.
If we have additional questions during the review process, we will contact you. If you have any questions, contact us at USContributions@astrazeneca.com.
Applications are individually reviewed by the US Contributions committee, and applicants will be notified as to the outcome within 6-8 weeks of the submission date.