Health and science innovation
Continued improvements to health outcomes will rely on innovation. AstraZeneca is supporting the development of the next generation of scientists and strengthening the independent medical education provided to current students and practitioners. We also contribute thought leadership to drive growth in the life sciences sector.
July Health and Science Innovation Challenge
The AstraZeneca Health and Science Innovation Challenge accepts applications from eligible 501(c) organizations in the US in April of each year for up to $15,000.
Funding supports programs that meet one of the following objectives:
- Present a new approach, tool or technology to help solve a health challenge, OR
- Build knowledge and skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math among K-12 or undergraduate students
In addition to aligning with one of the above objectives, applications should address the following criteria:
- Respond to an urgent unmet need related to health and/or science in the community
- Describe the intended impact that the program will have on the target population
- Define measurable outcomes and outline a how progress will assessed
How to Apply
The next Health and Science Innovation Challenge application period will take place in April 2020. To apply, complete the online application form which will be open April 1 at 9am ET- April 30 at 5pm ET.
Applications that address the above criteria and describe innovative programs will be considered for funding. No unsolicited applications will be accepted for US Contributions at any other time throughout the year.
The Health and Science Innovation Challenge does NOT fund programs that focus exclusively on the following:
- Capital investments and unsolicited capital campaigns
- Fundraisers (e.g. events, galas, etc.)
- Healthcare provider salaries
- Media/awareness campaigns
- Meetings or conferences
- Professional education and/or training for healthcare professionals
- Research or clinical trials
- Programs currently receiving funding from AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca does NOT support:
- For-profit organizations
- Initiatives outside the United States or its territories
- Journals or advertising
- Political causes, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are not open to the general public
- Nonprofit organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, veteran status or disability.