Health and science innovation
Continued improvements to health outcomes will rely on innovation. AstraZeneca is supporting the development of the next generation of scientists and strengthening the independent medical education provided to current students and practitioners. We also contribute thought leadership to drive growth in the life sciences sector.
July Health and Science Innovation Challenge
The AstraZeneca Health and Science Innovation Challenge accepts applications from eligible 501(c) organizations in the US in July of each year for up to $15,000.
Funding supports programs that meet one of the following objectives:
- Present a new approach, tool or technology to help solve a health challenge, OR
- Build knowledge and skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math among K-12 or undergraduate students
In addition to aligning with one of the above objectives, applications should address the following criteria:
- Respond to an urgent unmet need related to health and/or science in the community
- Describe the intended impact that the program will have on the target population
- Define measurable outcomes and outline a how progress will assessed
How to Apply
The next Health and Science Innovation Challenge application period will take place in July 2018. To apply, complete the online application form which will be open July 1 at 9am ET- July 31 at 5pm ET.
Applications that address the above criteria and describe innovative programs will be considered for funding. No unsolicited applications will be accepted for US Contributions at any other time throughout the year.
The Health and Science Innovation Challenge does NOT fund programs that focus exclusively on the following:
- Capital investments and unsolicited capital campaigns
- Fundraisers (e.g. events, galas, etc.)
- Healthcare provider salaries
- Media/awareness campaigns
- Meetings or conferences
- Professional education and/or training for healthcare professionals
- Research or clinical trials
- Programs currently receiving funding from AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca does NOT support:
- For-profit organizations
- Initiatives outside the United States or its territories
- Journals or advertising
- Political causes, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are not open to the general public
- Nonprofit organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, veteran status or disability.
View Past Winners of the Health and Science Innovation Challenge
Independent medical education
AstraZeneca is committed to supporting and enabling quality independent medical and scientific education that enhances patient care and meets our standards of quality and compliance. Learn more about our Medical Education Grants Office.
Medical Education Grants: The independent medical education programs that we support include educational activities certified for continuing medical education (CME/CE) for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, as well as activities without CME credit.
Scientific Sponsorships: We will consider requests for sponsorship of scientific and research conferences and meetings that align with our core strategic business priorities. These meetings are used to provide opportunities for discussion of current research topics or scientific methodology and are not intended to provide medical education to prescribing physicians.