Millions of Americans living with chronic conditions are facing public health challenges presented by COVID-19, including anxiety and feelings of isolation.
Many of our patient advocacy group partners have developed helpful COVID-19 resources for these patients and their caregivers amidst this global pandemic.
Below are resource links to help navigate chronic conditions and access affordable treatment during COVID-19.
COVID-19 and Cancer
- COVID-19 digital resource hub for cancer patients and loved ones: AstraZeneca worked with our patient advocacy group partners to compile this digital hub and will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as available related to COVID-19 and the management of cancer.
COVID-19 and Diabetes, Cardiovascular or Renal conditions:
- American Diabetes Association: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Preventing a Second Heart Attack and Stroke
- American Heart Association: COVID-19 Resources
- WomenHeart: Virtual Support for Women Heart Patients
- diaTribe: Coronavirus Preparation Strategies for People with Diabetes
- Mended Hearts: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Online Discussion Board
- American Kidney Fund
- National Kidney Foundation
- American Association of Kidney Patients
COVID-19 and Asthma
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America: Coronavirus (COVID-19): What People With Asthma Need to Know
- Allergy & Asthma Network: COVID-19, Asthma and Allergies: You've Got Questions, We've Got Answers
COVID-19 and COPD
- COPD Foundation: Coronavirus Information for the COPD Community / COVID-19 dedicated blog.
- COPD Foundation Webinar: COVID-19, COPD and You: Important Strategies from Leading Medical Experts on Managing Your Health
- COVID-19 and Asthma/COPD Myth Busting
COVID-19 and Lupus
- Lupus Foundation of America: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Lupus
- Lupus Research Alliance: COVID-19 Updates
- Lupus and Allied Diseases Association: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Lupus
COVID-19 Caregiving for Patients with Chronic Conditions
- Webinar from National Health Council: Corona Virus Preparedness for People with Chronic Conditions: What do Caregivers Need to Know? : General advice for caregivers, caregiving for older patients, caregiving for children, and federal policies on caregiving. This webinar is intended for those interested in what caregivers can do during this time.
COVID-19 and Mental Health
Affording your medication
AZ&Me™ is designed to help qualifying people without insurance and those on Medicare who are having trouble affording their AstraZeneca medications. Learn more here about AZ&Me™, as well as other affordability resources.
About AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Response Efforts in the US
AstraZeneca is contributing to COVID-19 efforts with clinical and technology expertise and providing philanthropic support to ensure patients receive the care they need. In the United States, we are donating protective equipment to frontline healthcare workers including those treating vulnerable populations. We are also supporting the CDC Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund to expand US testing and data capabilities and deploy emergency staffing on the front lines at the state and local level. In addition to the corporate donation, AstraZeneca is matching all employee donations to this cause. Learn more about our response on the COVID-19 hub.