Rachele Berria, MD Ph.D
Vice President, US Medical, BioPharmaceuticals
Rachele leads the US Medical Team, ensuring scientific leadership and a patient-centered approach throughout the Organization. She is a member of the US Leadership Team and the Global Biopharmaceuticals Medical Leadership Team.
Rachele brings over ten years of global and US biopharmaceuticals experience and leadership, in addition to her experiences in clinical research and academic medicine. Most recently, she worked at Sanofi as Global VP, Medical Affairs, Primary Care Unit. Prior to that, she held roles as US Vice President, Diabetes Medical Unit, and Global Associate VP, Medical Affairs. Before Sanofi, she held roles at Roche-Genentech as US Medical Director, Cardio-Metabolism, and Associate Clinical Director, Global R&D.
- Medical Degree (undergrad/graduate combined program) and Ob-Gyn Board Certification, University of Cagliari School of Medicine, Italy
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Ph.D in Medical Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, University of Pisa School of Medicine, Italy
- Fellowship in Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine Department, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Assistant Professor of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.