Rich is responsible for US federal and state government affairs; public policy; corporate, product, and employee communications; corporate philanthropy; ally development; and community relations. Rich has dotted-line responsibility for Canada Corporate Affairs, overseeing the alignment of global best practices and talent management, and strategic continuity with Corporate Affairs globally. Rich also serves on the Global Corporate Affairs Leadership Team.
Rich most recently served as the VP of European Corporate Affairs and prior to that was Head of Global Government Affairs for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and International Trade Associations for AstraZeneca, based in the company’s London headquarters.
Previously, Rich was the Vice President of US Federal Government Affairs at AstraZeneca where he ran the company’s Washington, DC office, directed the Federal Government Affairs division and served as Vice Chair of AZPAC (the company’s political action committee).
Before joining AstraZeneca, Rich was Director of Federal Government Affairs at Eli Lilly and Company, and prior to that was Legislative Counsel at PhRMA. Rich also served as an Assistant Parliamentarian in the United States Senate.
- Bachelor’s degree from Boston College
- Law degree, juris doctorate, American University
Affiliations (past and present):
- European American Business Council: Board of Directors
- British American Business Association: Board of Directors
- Alliance for a Stronger FDA: Board of Directors
- Public Affairs Council: Board of Directors
- Children’s Charities Foundation: Board of Directors
- Woolly Mammoth Theatre: Board of Directors
Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.