Michelle is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of the US Oncology business unit.
Most recently, Michelle was Head of the US Immuno-Oncology (IO) Franchise, responsible for marketing and sales, leading the strategy and planning for the commercialization of AstraZeneca’s IO mono and combination therapies.
Prior to her time at AstraZeneca, she was the US Brand Lead at Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) for the REYATAZ® and EVOTAZTM Franchise, with annual sales of nearly $750 million. Before that, she was Director, Global Commercialization, Immuno-Oncology, and Global Brand Lead, NSCLC Portfolio, responsible for the global launch of OPDIVOTM across multiple indications. Over 10 years at BMS, Michelle held a variety of US and global commercial roles, primarily in oncology, with increasing responsibilities in marketing, sales and market access.
She began her career as a program manager in the Cancer Clinical Trials Office of Harvard Medical School, and later as a project manager in oncology clinical operations for Boston Life Sciences Inc. and Millennium Pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Business Administration, London Business School, England
- Published and presented two abstracts at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (2003)
- Published articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals Transplantation (2000) and PLoS Medicine (2006)
Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.