Jamie Freedman, MD, Ph.D
President, AstraZeneca Canada Inc.
Jamie leads AstraZeneca’s commercial and scientific operations in Canada, including responsibility for the strategic direction and performance of the Canadian business.
Most recently Jamie held the global role of Executive Vice President, Oncology with primary responsibility for setting the Oncology strategy for AstraZeneca globally and delivering the organization’s industry-leading Oncology portfolio. In 2012 he joined MedImmune, the biologics research and development (R&D) arm of AstraZeneca where he served as Senior Vice President and head of clinical development for all therapeutic areas.
Prior to joining MedImmune, Jamie held a number of senior leadership roles within the biopharmaceutical industry including at GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., and Locus Pharmaceuticals, a private biotech where he served as CEO. Jamie began his career as a physician-scientist and is triple-board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology. He held an adjunct professor position in Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and several hospital staff positions as attending physician.
- Bachelor of Science degree, Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees, Tufts University, Massachusetts
- Internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco
- Fellowships in Hematology and Oncology, Harvard University, Boston
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member of American Society of Hematology
- Member of Massachusetts Medical Society
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.