Fouzia leads the Renal-Cardio Therapy Area and also serves as Head of the South San Francisco site and Chief Executive Officer of ZS Pharma, Inc.
Prior to her current role, Fouzia was Vice President of the Global Product and Portfolio Strategy of the Cardiovascular and Metabolism Disease Therapy Area at AstraZeneca.
Fouzia has worked at Roche, Novartis and Sandoz across a broad range of therapy areas including Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Central Nervous System and has demonstrated success in a wide range of areas including clinical development, strategic and global marketing, business development & licensing. She has been a faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC) from 1992 to 2016.
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD), Tours, France
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, Limoges, France
- Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Ph.D. Program in Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, PA
- Served as a board member of the Healthcare Business Women Association (HBA) Europe since 2007 and was recognized by HBA in 2012 for her work in developing and promoting women leadership in healthcare
Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.