- Friday, 24 May 2013
- US appeals court issues a temporary injunction pending appeal against distribution of generic PULMICORT RESPULES® (budesonide inhalation suspension) AstraZeneca today announced that the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a temporary injunction blocking generic manufacturers from distributing generic versions of PULMICORT RESPULES in the US until the Court rules on AstraZeneca’s appeal of a District Court decision that found one patent protecting the product to be invalid and another patent not infringed.
- Tuesday, 21 May 2013
- Results from Phase III studies of naloxegol for treatment of opioid-induced constipation presented at Digestive Disease Week 2013 AstraZeneca today presented the results of two pivotal Phase III studies of naloxegol showing the 25 mg dose of the investigational drug met its primary and secondary endpoints for efficacy and showed a safety profile consistent with previous studies.
- Monday, 13 May 2013
- Assessing your asthma is key to taking control Approximately 25 million Americans suffer from asthma, which accounts for more than 3300 deaths each year. AstraZeneca is urging Americans to embrace National Asthma & Allergy Awareness Month this May by taking proactive steps to gain control of their asthma and learn more about how it may be impacting their lives.
- Thursday, 25 April 2013
- AstraZeneca PLC first quarter results 2013 Visit our global site to view full details of the event.
- Monday, 1 April 2013
- US District Court rules one PULMICORT RESPULES® (budesonide inhalation suspension) patent invalid and another patent not infringed AstraZeneca today announced that the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey ruled that AstraZeneca’s US Patent No. 6,598,603 (“the ‘603 patent”), protecting PULMICORT RESPULES in the US, is invalid. The Court further ruled that the generic defendants involved in the litigation do not infringe AstraZeneca’s second patent, US Patent No. 7,524,834 (“the ‘834 patent”).
- Monday, 25 March 2013
- AstraZeneca settles litigation over CRESTOR patent AstraZeneca today announced that it has entered into a settlement agreement in its US patent infringement litigation against Watson Laboratories, Inc., Actavis, Inc. (formerly known as Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.), and EGIS Pharmaceuticals regarding Watson’s proposed rosuvastatin zinc product.
- Monday, 18 March 2013
- AstraZeneca to establish strategic R&D center in Gaithersburg, Md; Wilmington remains North America commercial headquarters AstraZeneca announced today that Gaithersburg, Md., will be one of three global research and development centers to improve pipeline productivity and to establish the company as a global leader in biopharmaceutical innovation.
- Thursday, 14 February 2013
- US Court of Appeals affirms decision finding SEROQUEL XR formulation patent valid and infringed AstraZeneca today announced that, on 14 February 2013, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit summarily upheld a lower court ruling that had found the formulation patent protecting SEROQUEL XR (quetiapine fumarate) extended release tablets in the US to be valid and infringed.
- Thursday, 14 February 2013
- AstraZeneca encourages atherosclerosis education among high risk patients during American Heart Month A survey conducted by AstraZeneca of more than 2000 American adults reveals that only 1 in 5 (20 percent) respondents consider themselves at increased risk for atherosclerosis–a progressive disease where plaque builds up in the arteries slowly over time.
- Tuesday, 5 February 2013
- AstraZeneca recognized as a top company for female executives The National Association for Female Executives today named AstraZeneca one of the top 50 companies for female executives for the fifth consecutive year. AstraZeneca ranks second on this year’s list.
These press releases were issued in the United States (US) and are posted here as reference information for US investors and journalists only. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and AstraZeneca assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.
View information on AstraZeneca products, including their current US Prescribing Information.