- Thursday, 8 October 2015
- AstraZeneca presents respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) study results at IDWeek 2015 In collaboration with physicians at 43 US hospitals, AstraZeneca today presented results from an ongoing observational study, SENTINEL1, at the IDWeek 2015 annual scientific meeting in San Diego, California. SENTINEL1 was designed to characterize RSV-confirmed hospitalizations among US preterm infants born at 29-35 weeks gestation who did not receive immunoprophylaxis during the 2014-2015 RSV season.
- Wednesday, 30 September 2015
- SYMBICORT real-world study results published in the International Journal of COPD Results from a US comparative effectiveness study of two maintenance treatment options for patients with a history of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) were published recently in the International Journal of COPD. This is the first US real-world study to examine the comparative effectiveness of SYMBICORT® 160/4.5 (budesonide/formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, an inhaled corticosteroid and long-acting beta2-agonist combination therapy, and tiotropium bromide 18 mcg, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist, in patients with COPD.
- Tuesday, 29 September 2015
- New dose of BRILINTA now available in US pharmacies AstraZeneca announced today that BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) 60-mg tablets are now available in US pharmacies. On September 3, 2015, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new 60-mg dosage strength for BRILINTA to be used in patients with a history of heart attack beyond the first year. BRILINTA is approved to reduce the rate of cardiovascular (CV) death, myocardial infarction ([MI], also known as heart attack) and stroke in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) or a history of MI. For at least the first 12 months following ACS, BRILINTA is superior to clopidogrel. BRILINTA is the first and only FDA approved oral antiplatelet to demonstrate superior reductions in CV death vs clopidogrel at 12 months.
- Tuesday, 22 September 2015
- AstraZeneca to present data demonstrating diversity of its portfolio of innovative formulations and devices at the European Respiratory Society International Congress 2015 AstraZeneca will present 33 abstracts from across the respiratory disease portfolio at the 2015 European Respiratory Society (ERS) meeting in Amsterdam, Netherlands, 26-30 September. Data will include results from AstraZeneca’s growing inhaled portfolio of LAMA/LABA therapies, as well as findings from the company’s biologics pipeline and early science programs.
- Friday, 11 September 2015
- AstraZeneca purchases US biologics manufacturing facility to support growing pipeline AstraZeneca today added to its biologics manufacturing capability in the US with the purchase of a high-tech biologics bulk manufacturing facility from Amgen Inc. Over time, the LakeCentre facility, located in Boulder, Colorado will increase manufacturing and production capacity to support the Company’s extensive portfolio of biologics medicines.
- Thursday, 10 September 2015
- AstraZeneca presents new data on the higher burden of opioid-induced constipation reported for people with back pain who take prescribed opioid medication AstraZeneca presented study data at the 2015 PAINWeek National Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, that showed that patients with opioid-induced constipation (OIC) and chronic non-cancer back pain were more likely to report interference with their pain management, health-related quality of life (HRQL) and activity than those prescribed opioid medication for other types of pain.
- Tuesday, 8 September 2015
- AstraZeneca presents further evidence for the potential of AZD9291 in first-line and pre-treated non-small cell lung cancer AstraZeneca today announced updated, encouraging data on AZD9291 (osimertinib) in first-line patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutation (EGFRm) positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and previously treated patients with EGFR T790M mutation-positive NSCLC. The data being presented today at the World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) 2015 were from the AURA Phase I trial first-line cohort and two AURA Phase II studies.
- Friday, 4 September 2015
- AstraZeneca to update on leading lung cancer portfolio at WCLC 2015 Data will be reported from across AstraZeneca’s industry-leading lung cancer portfolio at the World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) 2015, beginning this weekend in Denver, Colorado. Presentations will feature 25 abstracts (including 9 oral and 4 late breaker presentations) on the company’s lung cancer pipeline, designed to address the unmet needs of patients with different forms of lung cancer.
- Thursday, 3 September 2015
- US FDA approves expanded indication for BRILINTA to include long-term use in patients with a history of heart attack AstraZeneca today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) tablets at a new 60mg dose to be used in patients with a history of heart attack beyond the first year. With this expanded indication, BRILINTA is now approved to reduce the rate of cardiovascular death, myocardial infarction (MI also known as heart attack) and stroke in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) or a history of MI.
- Thursday, 3 September 2015
- AstraZeneca’s FluMist® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal) nasal-spray flu vaccine begins shipping for 2015-2016 season AstraZeneca began shipping its first doses of FluMist® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal), developed by MedImmune, our global biologics research and development arm, for the 2015-2016 flu season today. FluMist Quadrivalent, the first and only needle-free, nasal spray flu vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration, helps protect against four influenza strains contained in the vaccine: two influenza A strains and two influenza B lineages.
These press releases were issued in the United States (US) and are posted here as reference information for US investors and journalists only. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and AstraZeneca assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.
View information on AstraZeneca products, including their current US Prescribing Information.