- Wednesday, 18 March 2015
- AstraZeneca announces positive Phase III top-line results for PT003 from the PINNACLE 1 and PINNACLE 2 studies in COPD AstraZeneca today announced positive top-line results from the Phase III PINNACLE program, which included two pivotal 24-week studies (PINNACLE 1 and PINNACLE 2) to investigate the potential of PT003 to improve lung function in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Saturday, 14 March 2015
- PEGASUS-TIMI 54 study shows that long-term treatment with BRILINTA reduced thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of heart attack AstraZeneca today announced full results from the PEGASUS-TIMI 54 study, a large-scale outcomes trial that investigated BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) tablets plus low dose aspirin, compared to placebo plus low dose aspirin, for chronic secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events in patients who had experienced a heart attack one to three years prior to study enrollment.
- Thursday, 5 February 2015
- AstraZeneca PLC fourth quarter and full year results 2014 Visit our global site to view full details of the event.
- Wednesday, 14 January 2015
- PEGASUS-TIMI 54 study of BRILINTA® meets primary endpoint in both 60mg and 90mg doses AstraZeneca today announced that the PEGASUS-TIMI 54 study, a large scale outcomes trial involving over 21,000 patients, successfully met its primary efficacy endpoint. The study assessed BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) tablets at either 60mg twice daily or 90mg twice daily plus low-dose aspirin for the secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events in patients who had experienced a heart attack one to three years prior to study start. The primary efficacy endpoint was a composite of cardiovascular (CV) death, myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke.
- Friday, 19 December 2014
- LYNPARZA™ approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer in patients with germline BRCA-mutations AstraZeneca today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved LYNPARZA™ (olaparib) capsules. LYNPARZA is the first poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor indicated as monotherapy in patients with deleterious or suspected deleterious germline BRCA-mutated (as detected by an FDA-approved test) advanced ovarian cancer who have been treated with three or more prior lines of chemotherapy. LYNPARZA has been approved under the FDA’s Accelerated Approval program, based on objective response rate and duration of response data. Continued approval for this indication is contingent upon verification of clinical benefit in ongoing confirmatory Phase III trials.
- Friday, 12 December 2014
- FASLODEX® (fulvestrant) significantly improves overall survival for women with hormone-receptor positive breast cancer compared to ARIMIDEX® (anastrozole) The latest findings presented today at the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) show that investigational first-line treatment with fulvestrant resulted in a significant improvement in overall survival (OS) of 5.7 months, compared with anastrozole in post- menopausal patients with hormone-receptor positive (HR+) locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
- Friday, 21 November 2014
- AstraZeneca announces plans to expand its Frederick, Maryland biologics manufacturing center AstraZeneca today announced plans to expand its biologics manufacturing center in Frederick, Md. The more than $200 million project will increase production capacity at the facility to support AstraZeneca’s maturing pipeline, and will help position the company to keep pace with a growing demand for the development and use of biologics, which currently represent nearly 50% of AstraZeneca’s overall pipeline.
- Sunday, 16 November 2014
- AstraZeneca presents data from Phase III studies of lesinurad in combination with allopurinol in gout patients at American College of Rheumatology 2014 Annual Meeting AstraZeneca today presented top-line results of two pivotal Phase III trials investigating the potential of lesinurad, a selective uric acid re-absorption inhibitor (SURI), when used in combination with xanthine oxidase (XO) inhibitor allopurinol. The results show that approximately twice as many patients met the primary endpoint with a statistically significant higher proportion of patients reaching the target sUA goal of <6.0 mg/dL at month 6, compared to those treated with allopurinol alone.
- Thursday, 13 November 2014
- AstraZeneca announces initiation of development program for BRILINTA (ticagrelor) reversal agent AstraZeneca today announced that it has begun a pre-clinical development program to evaluate the ability of investigational antibody, MEDI2452, to rapidly and specifically reverse the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor in rare emergency situations such as urgent surgery, or in the event of major bleeding.
- Thursday, 6 November 2014
- AstraZeneca PLC third quarter and nine months results 2014 Visit our global site to view full details of the event.
These press releases were issued in the United States (US) and are posted here as reference information for US investors and journalists only. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and AstraZeneca assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.
View information on AstraZeneca products, including their current US Prescribing Information.