- Friday, 21 November 2014
- AstraZeneca announces plans to expand its Frederick, Maryland biologics manufacturing center AstraZeneca today announced plans to expand its biologics manufacturing center in Frederick, Md. The more than $200 million project will increase production capacity at the facility to support AstraZeneca’s maturing pipeline, and will help position the company to keep pace with a growing demand for the development and use of biologics, which currently represent nearly 50% of AstraZeneca’s overall pipeline.
- Sunday, 16 November 2014
- AstraZeneca presents data from Phase III studies of lesinurad in combination with allopurinol in gout patients at American College of Rheumatology 2014 Annual Meeting AstraZeneca today presented top-line results of two pivotal Phase III trials investigating the potential of lesinurad, a selective uric acid re-absorption inhibitor (SURI), when used in combination with xanthine oxidase (XO) inhibitor allopurinol. The results show that approximately twice as many patients met the primary endpoint with a statistically significant higher proportion of patients reaching the target sUA goal of <6.0 mg/dL at month 6, compared to those treated with allopurinol alone.
- Thursday, 13 November 2014
- AstraZeneca announces initiation of development program for BRILINTA (ticagrelor) reversal agent AstraZeneca today announced that it has begun a pre-clinical development program to evaluate the ability of investigational antibody, MEDI2452, to rapidly and specifically reverse the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor in rare emergency situations such as urgent surgery, or in the event of major bleeding.
- Thursday, 6 November 2014
- AstraZeneca PLC third quarter and nine months results 2014 Visit our global site to view full details of the event.
- Thursday, 30 October 2014
- U.S. FDA approves once-daily XIGDUO™ XR tablets for adults with type 2 diabetes AstraZeneca today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved once-daily XIGDUO™ XR (dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release) for the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Wednesday, 15 October 2014
- AstraZeneca launches Fit2Me™, a free customized diet and lifestyle support program for people with type 2 diabetes Recognizing that each person with type 2 diabetes is unique, AstraZeneca today announced the launch of Fit2Me, a free diet and lifestyle support program that allows people with this complex disease to create a diabetes care plan that is custom fit to their likes and dislikes.
- Monday, 6 October 2014
- BRILINTA preferred over clopidogrel in 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of non–ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes AHA/ACC gives Class IIa recommendation for use of BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) Tablets over clopidogrel in NSTE-ACS patients with early invasive or ischemia-guided strategy or receiving a coronary stent.
- Thursday, 18 September 2014
- AstraZeneca named among “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” For the 13th consecutive year, AstraZeneca has been selected by Working Mother magazine as one of its Working Mother 100 Best Companies. This annual listing recognizes 100 companies for their outstanding leadership in establishing policies, programs and corporate cultures that support working moms, including through child care services, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and advancement opportunities for women.
- Tuesday, 16 September 2014
- FDA approves MOVANTIK™ (naloxegol) Tablets C-II for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation in adult patients with chronic non-cancer pain AstraZeneca today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved MOVANTIK™ (naloxegol) Tablets C-II as the first once-daily oral peripherally-acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist (PAMORA) medication for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation (OIC), in adult patients with chronic, non-cancer pain.
- Monday, 15 September 2014
- Actor James Van Der Beek and AstraZeneca join forces to educate families about influenza The makers of FluMist® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal) and the “CSI: Cyber” star launch national campaign to dispel common misconceptions about flu and annual vaccination.
These press releases were issued in the United States (US) and are posted here as reference information for US investors and journalists only. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and AstraZeneca assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.
View information on AstraZeneca products, including their current US Prescribing Information.