- Wednesday, 15 October 2014
- AstraZeneca launches Fit2Me™, a free customized diet and lifestyle support program for people with type 2 diabetes Recognizing that each person with type 2 diabetes is unique, AstraZeneca today announced the launch of Fit2Me, a free diet and lifestyle support program that allows people with this complex disease to create a diabetes care plan that is custom fit to their likes and dislikes.
- Monday, 6 October 2014
- BRILINTA preferred over clopidogrel in 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of non–ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes AHA/ACC gives Class IIa recommendation for use of BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) Tablets over clopidogrel in NSTE-ACS patients with early invasive or ischemia-guided strategy or receiving a coronary stent.
- Thursday, 18 September 2014
- AstraZeneca named among “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” For the 13th consecutive year, AstraZeneca has been selected by Working Mother magazine as one of its Working Mother 100 Best Companies. This annual listing recognizes 100 companies for their outstanding leadership in establishing policies, programs and corporate cultures that support working moms, including through child care services, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and advancement opportunities for women.
- Tuesday, 16 September 2014
- FDA approves MOVANTIK™ (naloxegol) Tablets C-II for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation in adult patients with chronic non-cancer pain AstraZeneca today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved MOVANTIK™ (naloxegol) Tablets C-II as the first once-daily oral peripherally-acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist (PAMORA) medication for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation (OIC), in adult patients with chronic, non-cancer pain.
- Monday, 15 September 2014
- Actor James Van Der Beek and AstraZeneca join forces to educate families about influenza The makers of FluMist® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal) and the “CSI: Cyber” star launch national campaign to dispel common misconceptions about flu and annual vaccination.
- Monday, 8 September 2014
- BYDUREON® Pen, a treatment option for adults with type 2 diabetes, now available in pharmacies AstraZeneca today announced that once-weekly BYDUREON® (exenatide extended-release for injectable suspension) Pen 2 mg, a prescription medicine, is now available in pharmacies across the United States. BYDUREON is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Tuesday, 19 August 2014
- US Department of Justice closes investigation into PLATO clinical trial for BRILINTA AstraZeneca today announced that it has received confirmation from the United States Department of Justice that it is closing its investigation into PLATO, a clinical trial with BRILINTA® (ticagrelor) tablets. The government is not planning any further action.
- Thursday, 31 July 2014
- AstraZeneca PLC second quarter and half year results 2014 Visit our global site to view full details of the event.
- Thursday, 26 June 2014
- CDC Advisory Committee recommends preferential use of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) for eligible children 2 to 8 years of age The MedImmune Specialty Care division of AstraZeneca announced that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention’s (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended that when available, Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) should be used for healthy children 2 to 8 years of age, who have no contraindications or precautions.
- Tuesday, 3 June 2014
- New study reveals significant burden of RSV disease among U.S. preterm infants born at 32-35 weeks The MedImmune Specialty Care division of AstraZeneca (MedImmune Specialty Care) announced today the publication of results from a new study that examined the burden of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) in preterm infants not receiving RSV immunoprophylaxis.
These press releases were issued in the United States (US) and are posted here as reference information for US investors and journalists only. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and AstraZeneca assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.
View information on AstraZeneca products, including their current US Prescribing Information.